Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Post-It Inspired Mani



I can't deny it... I find ideas for nail art/color combos in the most random places. The mani I did last night is no exception! My inspiration... Post-It's!! Yup! 
"The little yellow things with the stick 'um on the back." Sorry, but I just had to throw in the 'Romy & Michele' reference... :)

Anyway... Friday at work (I work at a doctor's office), I was getting patient charts ready for Monday. I used one of the neon Post-It's on my desk & a hot pink highlighter to make myself this reminder note:


After staring at it for a few minutes while making phone calls... I really began to like the color combo! I had to try to re-create it in mani-form!! :)

After my regular base coat, I used 2 coats of Jesse's Girl JulieG as the base color.


I thought the bright, cream coral was a great match to the neon, peachy Post-It! :)

I didn't know what design I wanted to do, but I knew I wanted to use OPI Dim Sum Plum as the "pink highlighter" color. :)


I finally decided to stamp one of the flower patterns from Bundle Monster image plate BM12.

Add a SV top coat... and done!! I think it turned out pretty nice & good for summer! :)

Click photos to enlarge. :)

base colors: Jesse's Girl JulieG
stamp color: OPI Dim Sum Plum
image plate: Bundle Monster BM12
♥ Stacey
 


3 comments:

  1. That's super cute! I love subtle color combos like this one that you can't really see unless your looking for it.. Adds a nice little flavor to your nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world of real estate investing is one in which just about anyone has the power to succeed. The key is to apply sound advice while also hoping for a bit of luck along the way. The information in this piece should serve as a wonderful staring point for any burgeoning investor.Satta King
    Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete