Saturday, July 2, 2011

4th of July!


Okay... I have a few minutes, so I thought I'd post my 4th of July mani! :)


After my usual base coat... I started with a solid base color of Wet 'N Wild Saved By the Blue. I love this color, it's a really bright, slightly-metallic cobalt-y blue. Makes your eyes dance... plus, it covers really well. :)


Once dry, I cut strips of tape to place diagonally over 1/2 of my nails. I like to use the blue painter's tape that you get at the hardware store... it works great! I find that it is easier to remove than Scotch tape, and it isn't as likely to ruin your polish. :)


On the top 1/2 of my nails I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Rapid Red.


At this point, I added a top coat and called it a night. (I let a friend borrow my image plates, so stamping had to wait!)

The next day (on my lunch break), I got to stamping! Again, I taped my nails so that only the red was exposed. Over the red, I used Konad Special White to stamp the stripe pattern from Bundle Monster image plate BM20


After the stripes, I removed the tape & started on the stars. I used the star images from Bundle Monster image plates BM14 & BM 21. I alternated the patterns on differing nails. Try to be careful where you are placing the stamper, as the stars may end up overlapping the stripes. (See my middle nail, kinda weird.) On the large, open star from BM21, I added clear rhinestones. I finished the mani with Milani Nail Art's Art of Silver to add a touch of sparkle to the mix! A top coat of Seche Vite & DONE!! :)



BONUS: my 4th of July pedi -


I hate my feet! Haha!


For the pedi, I used the same blue & red base colors. Then I used Konad Special White to stamp the stars & stripes from Bundle Monster image plates BM20 & BM21... with a rhinestone on the star! :)

I hope everyone has a safe & happy July 4th!! :)

base colors: Wet 'N Wild Saved By the Blue & Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Rapid Red
stamp color: Konad Special White
image plates: Bundle Monster BM14, BM20, BM21
accent glitter: Milani Nail Art Art of Silver

♥ Stacey

3 comments:

  1. well done on this mani, it is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply because a bottle of wine is more expensive than another does not mean that it is necessarily better. play bazaar
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need patience when you begin investing. You might find that your first transaction takes some time. Perhaps the terms were not right, or there were no good properties available. Refrain from stressing out if this happen to you. That is not a wise use of your money. Wait for the perfect opportunity.
    Satta King
    Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete