Sunday, June 19, 2011

Summer Berry Candy-Mani

I haven't done a candy-mani in a while, so I thought I'd give it another go tonight! :)

For this one, I decided to give it a berry-vibe... almost like sweet, juicy raspberries! Yum!!

The colors I used are Wet 'N Wild How I Met Your Magenta, OPI Teenage Dream, and OPI Houston We Have A Purple.


First, the normal precautionary base coat. I've started using 2 coats of base, as my nails have really stained a lot lately! After my 2 coats dry... I applied 1 coat of Wet 'N Wild How I Met Your Magenta. The only other time I used this color was in a water marble, but I really like the way that this polish goes on... it has a nice jelly texture and it dries quickly.


Next, I added 2 coats of OPI Teenage Dream from the Katy Perry Collection. The 1st time I did a candy-mani, it almost broke my heart to think of covering up the glittery-goodness that is Teenage Dream... but it is so worth it! :)

Now, on to the sorbet! I absolutely love OPI Houston We Have A Purple... with and without the addition of glitter! I just used one coat it, then finished with a coat of Seche Vite.

 Look at that glittery-jelly yumminess!! :)

Here is another photo of the final product... blurred to show the sparkle! 

Goodnight loves! See ya, when I see ya!! ;-)

Toodles!

colors: Wet 'N Wild How I Met Your Magenta & OPI Houston We Have A Purple
glitter: OPI Teenage Dream

♥ Stacey

1 comment:

  1. Haha! That looks so juicy and sparkly! Yummy~
    I love TD and Houston we have a purple together! It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete