Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cub Scout Mani



So, tomorrow I will be attending my son's Cub Scout Rain-Gutter Regatta and I wanted my mani to fit the theme of the day! :)
I just love a good theme mani! I opted for the traditional Cub Scout colors; blue & gold!

I started with my standard base coat, OPI Natural Nail Base Coat... followed by 1 coat of Milani Gold Lamé. Once that was dry... I took basic French tip guides and used them to tape off a portion of the nail. (You can use regular blue painter's tape, cut into strips... but I like the slight curve of the French guides.)


I decided to paint the tips in OPI Play 'Til Midnight... my new favorite navy! I used 2 coats.

Once done with all nails, I removed the tape... which left a clean line.

I felt that this was a little plain... so, I used L.A. Colors Art Deco Gold Glitter to add some sparkle!! :)
(Note: I bought the Gold Glitter nail art polish for $1 at Dollar General... w00t!!)

Add the best top coat in the whole, wide world (Seche Vite) and my Cub Scout mani is complete!! :-D

Now, I know that a bunch of elementary school boys with boats probably couldn't care less about my fingernails... but, I'll enjoy them!! ;-)

Side Note: I'm currently on the lookout for a good nail stamping image plate with a fleur de lis design on it. My son is now in the Webelo Scout den & they use a fleur de lis on their insignia. Any leads are greatly appreciated! :)

Toodles!!

colors: Milani Gold Lamé & OPI Play 'Til Midnight
glitter: L.A. Colors Art Deco Gold Glitter

♥ Stacey

1 comment:

  1. Using the French nail tip guides to do this is such an awesome idea.. I'm definitely gonna try this with the next mani I do. It gives the nail a different, yet classy look.

    ReplyDelete