Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Not Ready for the Week to Begin

Hello all!

Well, I decided to post another entry today, since I'll be back at the office tomorrow... and I'm not sure what my "blogger" routine will be during the work week. :)

So, today I bought 2 new polishes! "Hooray" for drug stores finds!! I went out on a mission to find a pretty pink, that would work with my nail stamping. I love the way that Sally Hansen Silver Sweep (from the Insta-Dri collection) works for stamping... so I picked Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Presto Pink. Beautiful color!! It worked so well as a stamp & the color is so pretty... that I chose to use it as tonight's pedi! I usually only do my toes once every 4-6 weeks, so I really have to like a color to use it as a pedicure! :)
Sorry about the foot pic... haha! I had already finished my mani with different colors, but I had to use this color! :)

Anyway... my 2nd find was Wet 'N Wild Garden Hose. The name cracked me up! In the bottle, it is a really pretty, medium mint color. I don't have any minty green colors, yet, so I was excited with this one. When I got it home, I was kinda disappointed. It was very streaky! There is no way that it would cover in less than 3+ coats! Boo! Thankfully, I tested it on 1 nail, so when it wasn't opaque in 3 coats, I wiped it off & took an alternate route. Undies!! :)

I am a firm believer in nail polish "undies," that is, using a solid white or nude color under your polish to help even it out, and hide what some polish bloggers refer to as the "VNL"- visible nail line. You can also use a matching cream color. This is an especially good practice when doing a water marbling mani, so your marble doesn't look washed-out.  

So, I painted my accent nails with 1 coat of white, followed by 2 coats of Wet 'N Wild Garden Hose. On my other nails, I chose OPI Rumple's Wiggin, a very light, baby purple.
Now, onto the nail stamping (and the reason I wanted to find the "perfect pink"). I figured that purple plaid would tie the mani together. I knew that OPI Rumple's Wiggin would be too light as a stamp, so I tried OPI Do You Lilac It? I didn't take a pic, but I didn't think it was dark enough to notice, so I opted for OPI Planks A Lot (from OPI's new 'Pirates of the Caribbean' collection). It's still pretty light... but, I don't have any darker purple creams, so it'll have to work! On top of the plaid, I used my new Sally Hansen Presto Pink to stamp some cute, little flowers! :)
Whew... lighting on this pic is weird, but I wanted to try to get the plaid. (Click to enlarge.)

I've ordered some tiny, nail art rhinestones... so, hopefully, next time I use these cute little flowers, I can place a bit of sparkle in the center!!

Anyway... g'night all! I'll see ya when I see ya!! :)

base colors: OPI Rumple's Wiggin, Wet 'N Wild Garden Hose, Sally Hansen Presto Pink
stamp colors: OPI Planks A Lot, Sally Hansen Presto Pink
image plate: Konad m60

♥ Stacey

2 comments:

  1. Refer back to the advice from this article as you get started in real estate investing. Don't make fast decisions about real estate and don't just buy something when you have a feeling in your gut about it. Always do your research because in the end that is what helps you succeed.Satta King
    Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete